Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Women's Home reNew and reDux Fashion Show

Pippa and I were so excited to attend The Women's Home's reNew and reDux Fashion Show on August 21st.  I've wanted to attend this event for the last couple of years and for one reason or another have been unable to.  I'm so glad I made it this year!

Envision this, a New York Fashion Week-quality runway show featuring the latest fashion trends.  After the gorgeous models finish walking the catwalk, their couture outfits hit a clothing rack that is then rolled out into the audience.  Next, it's first come, first served to grab the coveted pieces, most ranging from $30 to $150.  Hold the presses...Chanel, Prada, and St. John (many with tags still attached) for less than $150?  You read that right.  This isn't your average fashion show, it's like walking into your favorite thrift shop, fully stocked with gorgeous, high-end items, and having a catwalk right in the middle of the store!  I think that I may have cried a little I was so happy.










I can't express how much it warms my heart to see women in their high-end cocktail dresses and Christian Louboutin's thrifting!

What a fun evening that in the end raised money for a great cause, supporting the operations of The Women's Home.  The bonus, Pippa and I scored some beautiful pieces such as the Tory Burch tunic and brand new Oscar de la Renta dress below!

photo from Houstoniamag.com


I can't wait until next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment